Friday, February 2, 2007

What is meant by Ambition?


Always, everybody is interested to ask the children about their ambition. But I think it is wrong to do so. It is not easy to know what a man's real ambition is.
In my 8th standard, my teacher asked me what my ambition is. I told her that I like to become a clerk.
Why I said so?
Because my father had been a clerk in a private company then.
Later, after my Matriculation, I joined in an Industry. I learned to do almost all the jobs there. The major one - Arc Welding.
I continued my career as an industry worker till I completed my Post Graduation in English Literature successfully. Then it was 1996.
During the time, there is a rarity of English Lecturers in one of our nearest Private Colleges.
A staff came to see me from there and advised me to apply for that post.
At first, I was not interested. For, my ambition had been developed to become a good Welder.
However, in my age of 22, that is 1996, I applied for the post of English Lecturer in that college.
I was selected. I started to take the class.
The great fun is that, I was very successful in lecturing.
I had not been a good scorer in my M.A. English. But I conducted the lecturing sessions in its absolute perfection.
My ambition changed. I planned to become a good lecturer. I started to work for that.
Till 1999, I worked in the same college.
Since 1999, I moved to another college, in my own village, with a better remuneration.
During the time I realized that I have a hidden ability within me. Ability to search on through the mind of the others, and to understand others.  While searching something about behaviour, I'll get on to a flow, and may continue to ponder over that for long hours, even without food or drink.
I started a research on my newly invented ability.
In a couple of weeks, I found a university notification, calling forth the admission for a M.Sc. Applied Psychology. I applied for it.
After successful completion of the course with a high second class, I did my Ph.D. in Positive Psychology area. Started working with full of passion, in the major of Psychology, consequently. 
Now I recognize myself as a faculty in Psychology - Research, lecturing, and so on...!
My ambition, I think, has construed its final form..., to be recognized as a social scientist, specialized in Positive Psychology, by the whole world...!

3 comments:

salim said...

Congratulations!!!!
Sucess will always be there if there is a will.
Good accademic scoring in not the matter,but the calibre,potential is vital.
You have it and hence you will win the race!!!

Unknown said...

Great...
really interesting....

Anonymous said...

You are the best!!! Congratulations.
Great! It sounds amazing, your Daytona trip this if wishes were horses, beggars would ride
[url=http://hofarici.has-the-best-website.com/creative-activity-for-young-child.html]creative activity for young child[/url]

Very interesting.