Thursday, May 28, 2009

One Life

The desert had a wilder tone.
She, with me, there stood alone.
Dry wind drew up with tough sand
Even camels lost tug band.

Her dried up throat cried cheerful note
“The plant with mingled lives did shoot!”
Heat and wind ne’er killed it up!
Round it grew on earth dried up!

Its leaves are green, and buds are young.
“It need no water”, she told me
“The sand infertile!” I exclaim'd,
“An how its root so went down drill’d?”

We thought and smiled and brought it home
The sun once more passed next day roam.
Then thick with lock a rain crawled in.
Once desert, got dressed with green.

Years went off with birds and songs,
Men lived on with rights and wrongs.
Youth in she and I got fade.
But plant with mingled life gave shade.

“When tree grew up, we lost our youth”
Said I one day as the truth.
“When we got old, the tree grew up”
Argued she with fingers up.

I used hot words, beat her tough
She cracked my head with tongue rough.
Never we saw the carbon shed,
Which made leaves brown, spoiling bud.

Rain got drained and clouds vanished,
Sun poured heat with rays varnished,
Was it she and I did cause?
We thought and cried and lost dead!

No comments: